ADRBO’s mandate is limited to investigating complaints in cases involving an act or omission by the bank in the provision of a financial service to a customer that results in a financial loss or harm. To familiarize yourself with our mandate, please review our Terms of Reference, which we are bound to follow in the course of our work:
In order for ADRBO to proceed with an initial review of your complaint, and determine whether or not it is within our mandate to investigate, please print, complete, sign and return to us by mail, fax (1-877-803-5127) or via email (if scanned) the following intake documents:
1/ Complaint Submission Form
2/ Consent and Confidentiality Agreement
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) including Tangerine Consent and Confidentiality Agreement
- Digital Commerce Bank (DCB) Consent and Confidentiality Agreement
- National Bank of Canada (NBC) Consent and Confidentiality Agreement
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) Consent and Confidentiality Agreement
- Toronto-Dominion (TD) Consent and Confidentiality Agreement
- a copy of either the final written response from the bank’s internal appeal office (final decision letter); or
- a letter or email from the bank indicating that 56 days have passed since the complaint was received by the bank or otherwise indicating your 56-day date (56-day expiration letter); or
- documentation (i.e. your initial complaint or email to the bank) that is dated and shows you brought your complaint to the bank more than 56 days ago (56-day documentation).
Please also feel free to provide copies of any supporting documents (any documents you think could be relevant to our review, such as your relevant agreements, agreement renewals, statements, receipts, screenshots, etc.).
Please note that if you have a final decision letter from the bank’s internal appeal office, you must return all of the above documentation to our office within 180 days (6 months) of the final decision letter’s date, in order for our office to proceed.